The predominant religion in Djibouti is Islam, with a 94% majority, with the remaining 6% practicing Christianity. From 1862 until 1894, the land to the north of the Gulf of Tadjoura was called Obock and ruled by Somali and Afar Sultans, local authorities with whom France signed various treaties between 1883 and 1887 to first gain a foothold in the region.

 

Djibouti Population: 864,000

 

Map Of Djibouti

Map Of Djibouti