As of 2005, most (96%) of the country’s 1.3 million inhabitants reside on the island of Trinidad with the remainder (4%) in Tobago. The ethnic composition of Trinidad and Tobago reflects a history of conquest and immigration. Two major ethnic groups, Indo-Trinidadian and Tobagonians and Afro-Trinidadian and Tobagonians, account for almost 80% of the population, while people of mixed race, European, Chinese, Syrian–Lebanese and Amerindian descent make up most of the rest of the population.

 

Trinidad and Tobago Population: 1,310,000 (1 million)

 

Map Of Trinidad and Tobago