Antarctica is by far the most unexplored and mysterious continent. The cold climate in Antarctica makes it impossible to explore the continents like all the other ones. If can’t explore it that means there are a lot of things that we don’t know yet about Antarctica…. Here is a list of the to 10 shocking facts we actually already know about Antarctica.
10. Antarctica was once as warm as modern-day California.
9. Antarctica is the only continent without reptiles.
8. There is a waterfall in Antarctica that runs red as blood.
7. Ice melting in Antarctica has caused a small shift in gravity in the region.
6. Antarctica has only one ATM.
5. Antarctica is the coldest, windiest, highest and driest continent on Earth.
4. You cannot work in Antarctica unless your wisdom teeth and appendix are removed.
3. Antarctica is the largest desert in the world.
2. There are 300 lakes beneath Antarctica that are kept from freezing by the warmth of Earth’s core.
1. Husky dogs have been banned from Antarctica since 1994.